Thursday 21 March 2013

Amy G

On my Kowhaiwhai my dad is the hammerhead. The meaning of the hammerhead is strength and masculinity. I thought my dad fitted that. My mum is the patiki. This shape represents the flounder. It is a symbol of welcome and hospitality. I thought that was like my mum. Also my sister and I are both koiri. This shape involves the koru repeating in on itself. It represents both self-reflection and nurturing. And then there's the meaning of the colours. My sister's colour is yellow. The meaning of yellow is sunshine. It is associated with joy, happiness, intellect and energy. I thought yellow was a good colour for her. I am blue. Blue is the colour of the colour of sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolises trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith and truth. I thought this was a good colour for me. My mum is red which is the colour of strength, power and determination as well as passion, desire and love. My dad is green. I didn't choose green because of its meaning, I chose it because he likes the colour green.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Amy I think your artwork is amazing.How long did it take you? Chloe.

    ReplyDelete